In Japan, the restaurant dining room everywhere of disposable chopsticks. Japan's annual consumption of disposable chopsticks, about 25.7 billion pairs, per capita consumption of about 200 pairs. Meanwhile, Japan's domestic production of disposable chopsticks accounted for only 3% or so, the remaining 97% is rely on imports, which imports from China's total imports disposable chopsticks of 99%. That is to say, Japan about 96% of disposable chopsticks from China.
As early as in edo era, the Japanese invented for Japan's eating habits of disposable chopsticks. By 1990, the Japanese domestic production of disposable chopsticks to 24 billion pairs. At the same time, because of disposable chopsticks consumes a lot of wood, Japan, together a disposable chopsticks damage forest resources are discussed. Some manufacturers and will look to overseas.
At first, Japan from China, South Africa, Indonesia and Canada import of disposable chopsticks. South Korea was also a major importer of disposable chopsticks, Japan, but slowly, because South Korea domestic demand for disposable chopsticks increases, the timber resources run out and the price in the international market competition and so on many kinds of reasons, South Korea, not only stopped exports, also became the disposable chopsticks importer.
Disposable chopsticks will be introduced to China is a Japanese businessman, China's export to Japan a disposable chopsticks also because of a Japanese businessman. The 1990 s, when some Japanese firms began to exploit overseas processing base of disposable chopsticks, a Japanese businessman in northeast China first establish a small factory production of disposable chopsticks. The small factory was not directly for the use of Chinese timber production exports to Japan disposable chopsticks, but use the Siberian region from Russia import processing production birch-leg. Later, see profitable, not only the Japanese businessman entered the China to a joint venture factory to invest in China, and even China some local enterprise also began over the chopsticks. So, China's exports to Japan in disposable chopsticks to at the same time, also began in domestic popularity. In the 1980 s, has begun to use recycled bamboo as raw material to produce the disposable chopstick more environmental protection. Now, with the people environmental protection consciousness of strengthening, health awareness of improving, disposable chopstick fast development. Disposable chopstick share now reached 50%. Still have more than wooden chopsticks momentum.
related articles:National standards on xiamen catering disposable chopstick r